Who Can Perform PRP (Platelet-Rich Plasma) Injections?
At Beverly Hills RN, we understand how important it is that you offer a wide range of cosmetic services at our med spa or clinical dermatology practice. We work with many professionals who want to extend their services to new and established patients in their offices.
If you have been considering offering PRP, or “platelet-rich plasma,” injections, it is a great time to get you and your team the training you need to integrate this treatment into your service menu.
Sylvia Silvestri of Beverly Hills RN is an experienced training provider who can offer the education and hands-on experience your team needs to boost aesthetic service profit!
In this article, we will cover:
What are PRP injections?
PRP injections are a type of regenerative medicine treatment. They involve injecting a concentrated solution of a patient’s own platelets and plasma into an injured or damaged area of your body.
The idea behind PRP injections is to promote healing by using the body’s natural ability to repair itself. Platelets are cells found in the blood that help with clotting and wound healing, while plasma is the liquid part which contains these platelets.
When injected into a particular area of the skin or body, the platelets and plasma help speed up the natural healing process by promoting the growth of new cells and blood vessels. Additionally, PRP injections can also help to reduce inflammation and pain.
Many medical spas and professionals find that PRP injections can be used to help patients with a variety of aesthetic and sexual wellness concerns, from poor skin laxity and aging skin to better sexual performance and satisfaction.
At Beverly Hills RN, we offer courses to assist professionals in providing a wide range of solutions for patients by integrating PRP injections into their practice offerings.
PRP is used in several different ways in the field of aesthetics and sexual wellness.
Below are just a few of the more common treatments that can be performed by a trained professional after one of our programs:
- The Vampire Facelift – patients who want to utilize PRP injections in conjunction with traditional dermal fillers will be able to achieve a facelift result that looks natural and restores a youthful appearance.
- The Vampire Facial – by using PRP injections along with microneedling and hyaluronic acid injections, patients can add volume in the face where it is needed, providing an ageless and smooth appearance to the facial skin.
- The Vampire Breast Lift – women with mild skin laxity in the breast area may improve the appearance of the breasts with PRP injections. This treatment can also be used to treat issues such as nipple inversion and loss of sensation in the nipples.
- The Vampire Wing Lift – women struggling with the appearance of the labial tissues in the vaginal area, can achieve a more enhanced appearance in this intimate area using PRP injections.
- The O-Shot – women interested in the O-Shot, or “Orgasm Shot,” can improve their sexual satisfaction with PRP injections in the vaginal area. These injections can also help with clitoral function, sensitivity, mild bladder leakage, and even sexual drive.
- The P-Shot – men interested in the P-Shot, or “Priapus Shot,” can increase blood flow, penis size, and stamina with PRP injections in this intimate area while also addressing erectile dysfunction and poor sexual confidence.
Who can perform PRP injections on patients?
Each state provides its own certification and licensing requirements to administer PRP injections for patients. If you are unsure whether you or your team can perform these injections, it is best to check your particular state’s medical licensing board to confirm your ability to offer this service in your facility.
However, in general, most states allow professionals with a recognized medical license to perform platelet-rich plasma injections, including:
- Dentists and oral surgeons (DDS)
- Medical doctors (MD)
- Osteopathic doctors (DO)
- Physician’s assistants (PA)
- Nurse practitioners (NP)
- Registered nurses (RN)
What training is required?
Are you ready to add PRP injections and facials to your practice offerings? You will want to look for training with Sylvia Silvestri and her team to ensure you get the education and hands-on training you and your team needs.
Training received from Beverly Hills RN includes many of the required topic areas of education, including:
- Learning about the components of platelet-rich plasma and how the growth factors work to provide the desired results.
- The preparation process including obtaining patient blood samples, the separation of platelet-rich plasma in the centrifuge, and the preparation of the serum prior to injection.
- Live, hands-on patient demonstrations and options for practice.
- Acquire the skills needed to perform PRP injections on areas such as the face, neck, and hands.
- Planning of treatment, as most PRP treatments require several visits to the office spaced weeks apart.
- Understanding the potential side effects that can occur with PRP injections and the best practices for addressing post-treatment concerns.
- PRP marketing tips and patient intake process
- Combination of PRP with other cosmetic treatments available on the market today.
How to get trained in PRP Injections
Those considering PRP injection training can connect with our team at Beverly Hills RN, or view the upcoming events below.
How much does PRP training cost?
The platelet-rich plasma training classes offered by Beverly Hills RN costs $2,997. We also provide basic PRP training and education, as well as online classes used to certify individuals to offer Vampire PRP procedures.
Learn more about PRP injection training with Beverly Hills RN
If you or your medical team are interested in hands-on injection training to offer PRP injections in your medical or aesthetic practice, now is the time to connect with Sylvia Silvestri of Beverly Hills RN to discuss our classes and schedule a consultation. Call (424) 666-1572 or email our team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request more information.